Thursday, December 30, 2010

My First Post

I really have no interest in blogging my latest interesting bowel movement, or frothy-yet-unpretentious micro-brew. I hope that you will not feel cheated, offended, or intimidated by a different discussion.

The reason I decided to host this blog, was to offer a forum for my friends (and anyone else, for that matter) to muse, vent, listen, and exchange ideas, regarding the various issues of the day which interest or in any way affect  them. I could not care less who's right, or wrong, right, or left, righteous, or irreverent.  We could argue causality, until hell freezes; why your job just went to a teenager in Mumbai, or why your health insurance works, only when you aren't sick and costs more than your mortgage payments. To a certain extent, getting to the "who done it and why" can be helpful in figuring out what, if anything can be done about it, but please, no wandering diatribes that are too circuitous or vitriolic, if you can help it.

I did specifically include the word vent above, so go for the commiserative effect, if you want, but the ultimate goal is to pool our collective knowledge, expertise, and just plain horse-sense, to actually try and figure a way out of whatever cluster-@#$% we are discussing. I don't care if you use the King's English or Pig Latin. Some of my most trusted and respected friends barely graduated high school with D's and F's and, as you can no doubt already discern, I am not jonesing for a Pulitzer either.  This is an adult blog, so feel free to emote in the vernacular of the day. If you feel more comfortable writing in a language other than English, don't let that stop you. I will be happy to translate your comment and respond in kind.

I will select a daily/weekly/whenever-I-get-around-to-it topic, say some stuff to get the ball rolling, and you take it from there. Since it is my blog, I reserve the right to muse, wax poetic, or even rant at my discretion.

It is not necessary that you use your real name, as opposed to the usual nom de plume. In my cursory perusal of various blogs as of late, I have found that the many helpful ideas or candid comments seem to flow from anonymous donors. It is not necessary that you to propose a solution or even pose a question, but, if you do either or both, it would be nice if they did not require interstellar space travel to discuss.


Sincerely,


J. Brandeis Sperandeo


3 comments:

  1. This is so great, Dad! I really think this is going to be a wonderful outlet (and a wonderful foray into book-writing??) and I am so excited for you.

    I think that Rachel or Keith will read this and ask you to be on their show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be reading your blog!!! Great to be back in touch! You have always been such a fart smeller OOPS! I mean, smart feller sorry!!!!! :D
    (guess you can easily tell the lower edumacated friends!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas !
    i will be following your posts with great interest
    George

    ReplyDelete